TETON FC PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
1. I will play soccer because I want to, not because others want me to.2. I will remember that soccer is an opportunity to learn and have fun.
3. I will encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches, officials and parents at all times.
4. I will remember that winning isn’t everything, that having fun, playing fair, improving my skills, making friends, and giving my best efforts are the most important aspects of youth soccer.
5. I deserve to play in an environment that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol; and expect everyone to refrain from their use at all soccer games.
6. I will do the best I can each day, remembering that all players have talents and weaknesses, the same as I do.
7. I will treat my coaches, other players and coaches, and fans with respect at all times; regardless of race, sex, creed, or abilities, and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
8. I will follow coaching direction and will not be disruptive during practice or games, nor will I “mouth off” or use bad language.
9. If I have a problem with something, I will discuss it with my coach at the earliest opportunity, rather than let it grow into a bigger problem later on.
10. I will be on time for practices and games and will notify my coach if I cannot attend. I will make every effort to attend all games and practices.
11. I will concentrate on playing soccer by always giving my best effort, both in practice and in games.
12. I will respect my opponents, whether they have more or less ability than me and regardless of whether I win or lose.
13. I will be modest and respectful when I win, and gracious when I lose.
14. I will show respect for the authority of the referee, even though I may sometimes disagree with his or her calls.
15. I will control my temper, resist the temptation to retaliate, and exercise self-control.
16. I will play by the rules at all times, and if I don’t understand the rules, will attempt to learn them so I can become a better player.
17. I will conduct myself with honor and dignity and treat other players as I would like to be treated. I know that at all times I represent Teton FC, my team and my community.
Unruly conduct will not be tolerated at any time. Disciplinary action will be taken if a player engages in conduct that is detrimental to the team such as disrespecting other players or coaches in a physical or verbal manner. The disciplinary action taken will be at the discretion of the coaching staff, and if necessary the Board of Directors. If the offense is severe in nature or continues on a regular basis the player may be subject to a game(s) suspension and / or removal from the team. All players shall act like team players at all times.
I have read and understand the Player Code of Conduct.
_________________________________ ____________________________ __________________
Player Parent Date